Our companies are backed by the Best Pick Guarantee. Call one today!
Ultimate Moving Checklist – 4 Weeks OutMay 18th, 2015 by
As moving day draws closer, referring back to checklists can help keep important dates and tasks from being overlooked in the confusion of the moving process. Here’s what you’ll need to keep in mind one month before moving day arrives:
4 Weeks Before the Move…
- Now is the perfect time to stop by the post office and fill out a change of address form.
- Finding new doctors or dentists close to your new home may take time and research, so consider taking this opportunity to schedule any last-minute checkups or medical appointments that you want to take care of.
- Do you have a pet? If so, you may want to schedule an appointment with your vet and take care of any paperwork or shots you’ll need to have done before the move.
- Contact your utility companies in order to arrange when to have cable and electrical services disconnected at your old place of residence and when to have things hooked up after you’ve moved in.
- If you’re hiring a moving company, get in touch with your mover and make sure you’re both on the same page regarding the dates and details of your move.
- Moving out of state? Look over the requirements for a driver’s license in the state you’re moving to, and register your vehicle there as well.
- Look over your more valuable and expensive belongings and assess what condition they’re in before you transport them. Take pictures and make notes of any preexisting scratches or other defects; this way, you’ll be able to tell whether anything was damaged during the move.
- If necessary, make arrangements for young children to be taken care of on moving day—you may want to schedule daycare or hire a babysitter.
Check back later this week for part four of The Ultimate Moving Checklist to get an idea of what you’ll need to keep an eye out for at three weeks before the big day.