Our companies are backed by the Best Pick Guarantee. Call one today!
7 Quick Cleaning Tasks to Complete Before Guests ArriveAugust 1st, 2016 by
In a time where no one seems to have enough hours in the day, cleaning is the last thing anyone wants to do. These seven quick cleaning tips will make your house spick and span in no time.
Freshen the Bathroom
- Put two antacids into the toilet, and let them sit for about 20 minutes. After the antacids are dissolved or you’ve finished the next task on your list, brush the bowl quickly and flush.
- Wipe down mirrors and glass with a glass cleaner and newspaper. This task is easy enough for the kids to do so you can focus your energy elsewhere.
- Use a disinfectant to wipe down the counters and toilet seat. This activity kills germs quickly and makes the surfaces sparkle.
Spot-Clean the Kitchen
- Empty the sink—even if it’s just putting dishes in the dishwasher. Putting clean dishes away and removing dirty dishes from sight will give your kitchen a polished look.
- One of the easiest home cleaning tips is to remove items that are hanging on your refrigerator door. People frequently approach this appliance for food or drinks, and having a clean surface there will contribute to a tidier appearance for the kitchen. If you find some extra time, you can use an inexpensive cleaner to wipe down the refrigerator doors.
Tackle the Living Areas
- Basket speed cleaning is an efficient household cleaning tip that declutters common areas. Like removing an abundance of to-go menus from the fridge, putting all of the items that are scattered across the room into a basket instantly opens the room. You can make quick decisions about which basket items belong in the living room or other spaces and place them appropriately. If you don’t have time to make those snap judgments, find a closet that people won’t need to access, and store the basket there. For the other items like shoes, backpacks, and coats, have family members take care of their individual belongings while you clean and fluff throw pillows.
- Dusting doesn’t take long and makes a big difference if you do it correctly. Start from high surfaces, moving in a clockwise direction. After you’ve gotten the ceiling and corners, move to lower surfaces like shelves and frames. Finally, dust lower surfaces, like coffee tables, and then vacuum. This way, dust falls lower and lower, and you don’t repeat your work.
If you’re having guests over, they’ll likely spend a considerable amount of time in the bathroom, kitchen, and living room. By following these house cleaning tips, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy their company.