Quality matters when hiring for a big project. Call a Best Pick now!
Refresh Your Home’s Decor Without Spending a CentJanuary 12th, 2017 by
Being low on cash does not mean you have to be low on style. If you want to update your space, you don’t need a designer, new furniture, or cash. What you do need is creativity and possibly the help of a few friends or family members. Keep reading for tips on how to make your decor look like a million bucks for nothing.
Work with What You’ve Got
If you’re not satisfied with your space, first ask yourself why. Is it plain? Is there no focal point? Is it too cluttered? Many of these problems can be fixed with just a little elbow grease.
- If your space feels disjointed and unfocused, try reorienting your furniture around a focal point like a coffee table or a TV.
- If a room lacks decorations, some DIY designs might be your best bet.
- Get into upcycling, and learn how to use everyday objects you’d typically throw away, like wine bottles or newspapers, to create hip decor at no cost to you.
- Need a vase? A wine bottle could be turned into an interesting receptacle.
- In the market for end tables? Try stacking up books. The world of DIY is your oyster.
Another option for switching up your home decor is to go old school and try your hand at trading. A home decor swap party may be just the fix for your decorating rut. Invite friends to bring their gently used decorations like throw blankets, lamps, and light fixtures, and trade up to a better space.
Luckily for you, some things in life are free if you know where to look for them. If you’re looking to bring some art to your walls, there’s plenty of public domain art available online. All you have to do is press “print” for free art.
Many home improvement stores will give you free samples of their products, and the world of DIY has that covered as well. Make an eclectic rug from carpet samples, or use paint chips as a creative art installation.
A home decor upgrade doesn’t have to cost a bundle. Whether you trade, upcycle, or get back into arts and crafts, creativity is the name of the game when it comes to free decorations.