Our companies are backed by the Best Pick Guarantee. Call one today!
How to Clean Your Outside Windows This SpringApril 19th, 2022 by
It’s finally time to start enjoying the warmer weather and the sunshine that comes with it! As you start opening up your windows to let in some fresh air, you may realize that your outdoor windows are in need of a good cleaning. Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
In this article, we’ll outline how to clean your outside windows safely and effectively. We’ll also provide some tips on how to get those high windows cleaned properly without having to risk injury.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DIY Patio Ideas That Won’t Break Your Budget
Difference Between Inside and Outside Windows
One of the most common questions we get is why it’s so important to have a professional clean your outside windows. After all, can’t you just use the same cleaning supplies and methods that you use for your inside windows?
The answer is no. There are a few key differences between inside and outside windows that require different cleaning methods:
- Outside windows are exposed to more dirt, pollen, and other debris.
- They also tend to be larger, making them more difficult to clean.
- The sun can cause fading and other damage over time.
Cleaning Your Outside Windows – Step by Step
Now that we’ve gone over some of the key differences between inside and outside windows, it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty of how to actually clean them. Here are a few tips:
- Use a hose with a sprayer attachment to wet the window.
- Start at the top and work your way down.
- Wipe the window with a squeegee, starting at the top and moving down in even strokes.
- Use a clean, dry rag to wipe away any remaining soap or water.
- Repeat on the other side of the window.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 6 Spring Yard Clean-Up Tips for Homeowners
Pro Tips for Cleaning High Windows
If you have high windows that are difficult to reach, there are a few things you can do to get them clean:
- Use a long-handled squeegee or brush.
- Hire a professional window cleaning service.
- Invest in a set of telescoping poles with attachments for cleaning windows.
How Often Should You Clean Your Outside Windows?
Ideally, you should clean your outside windows at least once a month. However, if they’re particularly dirty or if you live in an area with a lot of pollen or other debris, you may need to clean them more often.
When to Use a Professional Window Cleaning Service
If you don’t feel comfortable cleaning your own windows or if you have high windows that are difficult to reach, you may want to hire a professional window cleaning service.
A professional window cleaning service can:
- Assess the condition of your windows and recommend a plan for keeping them clean.
- Use the proper tools and techniques to clean your windows without damaging them.
- Clean hard-to-reach windows safely.
- Provide you with a warranty or guarantee in case something goes wrong.
Cleaning your outside windows may seem like a daunting task, but we hope this article has helped to make it a little bit easier. With these tips, you’ll have your outside windows sparkling clean in no time!
KEEP READING: Starting a Garden from Scratch Is Easier Than You Think