Quality matters when hiring for a big project. Call a Best Pick now!
Infographic on Clothing Tags, Decoded: What Those Crazy Symbols Actually MeanDecember 9th, 2016 by
Laundry is one of those necessary evils that plagues our nights and weekends. It doesn’t help that the clothing tag symbols are cryptic and not so self-explanatory. Worry not—you’ll soon be able to read those clothes-washing symbols with ease.
INFOGRAPHIC: Clothing Tag Symbols
The Most Common Symbols
- Machine Wash
- Machine washable on any setting.
- Tumble Dry
- Can be dried on any heat or cycle setting.
- Can be ironed, with steam, at any temperature.
- Can be treated with any type of bleach.
- Dry-clean only.
- Do Not
- Do not wash, dry, iron, bleach, or dry-clean if there’s an X over the symbol.
Warm or Medium
Hot or High
Delicate or Gentle
- Any lines underneath a symbol refer to washing machine and dryer cycle settings.
- Hand Wash
- No Heat
- No Steam
- Non-chlorine Bleach Only
- Dry Flat